Departure Dates & Times:
Sundays at 11:30am
September 8, 22, 29
*Ticket does NOT include meal
Let the Adirondack Scenic Railroad do the driving for you! Travel north through beautiful scenery to our Forestport Station, just across the street from the Buffalo Head Restaurant. Enjoy home-cooked, family-style dining, and travel to and from Forestport in style!
|Arrive in Forestport:
|Arrive in Utica:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: Where is Forestport?
- A: Forestport, NY is a town north of Utica, NY, about halfway between Utica, NY and Thendara, NY.
- Q: What kind of food does the Buffalo Head Restaurant offer?
- A: The Buffalo Head offers hearty, home-cooked, family-style dining. Visit their website, www.BuffaloHeadRestaurant.com for more details!
- Q: Is the trip wheelchair-accessible?
- A: Although we offer wheelchair-accessible boarding at the Utica Station, disembarking at Forestport Station is not wheelchair-accessible at this time. We do not recommend this trip for passengers who are wheelchair-bound, but those who use a wheelchair and are able to walk may fold up their wheelchair and bring it along when disembarking. If you are bringing a wheelchair, we request that you come in a wheelchair of standard size (not a large electric scooter), that you notify us of any special travel needs when you make your reservations, and that you arrive early to allow extra time for boarding.
- Q: It’s a long train ride – what if I want a snack?
- A: The café car will be open on the train for food and beverages as you travel to the restaurant. PASSENGERS MAY NOT BRING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON THE TRAIN. See our website for menu information.
- Q: Can we all sit together?
- A: As long as your entire party boards together, you may sit together. You must notify the railroad if you are traveling with a party of more than 20 people.