July 2nd - August 31st:
Thursdays, Fridays, & Sundays
July 12th - August 30th:
September 13th- September 21st
September 24th- October 13th
Wednesdays, Fridays, & Sundays
Thursdays & Saturdays
$17.00/Seniors (62+) & Military (w/ ID)
* One way Ticket
Travel through forests, over rivers and streams, seeing all the hidden beauties of the Adirondacks. Enjoy a relaxing brunch or lunch at the Big Moose Station. A fun-filled outing for people of all ages!
This trip is approximately 45 minutes each way and allows 1 1/4 hours for your meal. Total trip duration is approximately 2 hours.
This trip is not handicapped accessible.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: Does the train bring me back to the station?
- A: Yes, all trips are round trips, with the exception of the Bike & Rail trip. The Bike & Rail drops you off at a trailhead in Big Moose or at Carter Station where you can bike back to the station.
- Q: Does the train have restrooms?
- A: Yes, the train and station both have restrooms. Restrooms on the train may not be handicapped accessible.
- Q: Does the train sell food on board?
- A: Yes, there is a cafe car on board. All trains going to Big Moose do stop at the Big Moose Station restaurant.<
- Q: Do you sell food at the station?
- A: No. Although the Thendara station sells bottles of water and candy bars, the gift shop primarily carries Adirondack Railroad souvenirs and toys.
- Q: Do you still run if it is raining?
- A: Yes, the train does run in the rain and all cars, including the open air car, are covered.
- Q: Can I bring alcohol on the train?
- A: No, sorry but we do sell beer and wine our of our cafe car.
- Q: Do you have an ATM?
- A: No, there is no ATM at the station. Both our gift shop and ticket window are able to accept credit and debit cards.